I really hate when so much time passes between posts; I never know where to begin, what to include, or, if I should just scrap it all and move forward.
I’m not scrapping it all, lest Nate’s 3rd Christmas disappear. Christmas was a smashing success, the baby kept up its end of the deal and I felt well all day. Then, all bets were off. My friend Sarah said “Oh, crap! I think the baby found your blog!” Gosh, that made me laugh so hard I almost snorted my ginger ale. No, I’m not better yet but thanks for asking. I’m hanging in there though, it’s become a predictable pattern of 5pm on so I get lots done before it hits and then lie low. This is better than the 24 hour a day business so I will take it. Still, I’m looking forward to spending time with Mike again sometime soon since he is only home to hear me groan and hold my belly. There is a Christmas album in Flickr if you’d like to see the photo story of our holiday.
I often find myself using bullets when too much time has passed, today will be no different. A quick peek at what’s happened while I was out.
- Nothing fits me! 12 weeks tomorrow and I’m buying new clothes, I didn’t pop with Nate until Spring so nothing I have from the first go-round works. This is fun and sucks the selection out there hasn’t improved much. Any tips on reasonably priced AND stylish maternity gear?
- Nate is a talking machine, like, really, you’re still talking? I sort of laugh at his narrating since he learned that from me, constantly telling him what we are looking at/buying/touching. There is nothing he can’t say or wont repeat. Yikes.
- I had a blast decorating for the Holidays this year and in doing so came up with new ideas for next year, too.
- OMG, next year I will have TWO kids!
- OH, I can’t wait.
- I saw a picture of myself 30’ish weeks pregnant with Nate recently and freaked out- “I’m NOT ready” I yelled.
- Yeah, that ship has sailed, girlfriend.
- I’m not feeling that connected to this baby yet, which is very similar to my pregnancy with Nate. It wasn’t until I leaned “who” I was carrying that I developed a bond.
- DYING to get there with this one-
- Have massive plans- entire nursery is sketched out, Nate’s big boy room plan is coming together and some updating to our (never going to happen full on re-do) master and bath. Small tweaks- with the baby coming that comes first but the room is so boring I’m taking it on even if it’s just a few more years before we re-do it, I can’t stand how stark it is while we wait for the day to come.
- I have a list of posts coming up- my word for 2010, a recap of 09 and some organizing and purging projects to get done before Olive arrives.
- Oh, so Nate was Nugget- This baby is Olive- it was a coincidence that they both started with an N- this baby, no matter its gender, will not have an “O” name.
- Yes, we are finding out.
- No, you will not know Olive’s real name until s/he has a SSN.
- I got a Shark vacuum for Christmas and man, it rocks my stay at home socks! If you have a fair amount of hard floors and are tired the half ass job a broom does, I cannot recommend this enough. it could be a little lighter but it’s fantastic. It swivels and gets under furniture, and it doesn’t have a rotating brush which just throws bits all over the room, just really high power suction. Awesome.
- Yeah, I asked for a vacuum for Christmas. Shut up!
- Mike actually got me everything on my list nothing more nothing less.
- Am totally spoiled.
- Hate that I didn’t ask for a Laptop too!
- Part of Christmas at our house revolves around food. I cooked for about half the day. Breakfast was Quiche, cinnamon rolls, fruit and sausage. Dinner was roasted turkey breast, fresh green beans, homemade cranberry sauce and scalloped potatoes. Dessert was a citrus pound cake with an orange cranberry sauce. Oh, it was a big eating day!
I guess that’s about it. How was your Christmas, did you enjoy large meals and time with family? I hope so and I’d love to hear about it!