I’ve received multiple requests for this recipe- I PROMISE you if you make these you will.
A. Love them
B. Gain 3 lbs
C. Yeah, both.
Mint Chocolate Brownies
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled) (don’t roll your eyes, this stuff matters when you’re baking!)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 25 small peppermint patties (make it 35, you’ll eat about 10 in the process)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8 inch square baking pan with foil, leaving an overhang on all sides. Butter foil. Set aside
2. Place chocolate and butter in a medium heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir occasionally just until melted. 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat. Whisk in sugar and salt until smooth; whisk in eggs. Gently whisk in flour and cocoa powder just until smooth. (careful not to over mix)
4. Spread 1/3 of batter in prepared pan. Arrange peppermint patties on batter in a single layer, leaving a narrow border on all sides. Top with remaining batter, and smooth surface. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached. 45-55 minutes.
5. Cool completely in pan. Use foil to lift from pan; peel off foil and (after licking clean) discard. Cut into 16 squares. Eat 8 in one sitting.