It’s supposed to be your quirks, since obsessing is one of mine, here is a list of 6 things I am currently over thinking.
2. Couch Pillows: I’m working on the multiple pattern and texture look in the living room and have been having a hard time pulling it together. I am looking everywhere for pillows, I nearly bought cloth napkins yesterday to sew (which no, I don’t know how, thanks for asking) together to make them myself. See, the problem is this, I have a sheet of scrapbook paper that is driving me (mad?) it has 5 different patters, all of which go perfectly in the room. As I mentioned, I don’t sew so I am taking this stinking piece of paper all over town looking for pillows.
3. Home Maintenance: We have a few things going on. We are having the deck restored, getting a new garage door and having some landscaping done. All of which has been set up, priced and scheduled by me. It may sound like I’m complaining but Im not. I like doing this, its writing the checks I hate.
4. Nate’s Birthday: This is two fold. One is ZOMG- my baby is almost one, and trust me. this takes up a chunk of every day. The other is the actual party and every single aspect of it. What to serve, what theme if any, what should I wear, don’t forget to download music to ipod for party, and a list of stuff to do around the house before hand- some of which I know I wont do. Like? Replace dining room light and hallway fixtures. When I start making this kind of list, the kind that involve what to do when NEW people are coming over I get stupid and start biting off more than I can chew, in both work and current budget. Regardless, we WILL replace those hideous brass fixtures, soon.
5. Nate’s 1st Year Scrapbook: For obvious reasons, I need to catch up. I’m 4 months behind. I want it finished to share it and also to get it done while the stuff is still fresh in my head. I have outlines done and notes written about what he did which month, etc. but I want to get it closer to complete so come October all that is left is his party pages. (OMG! One year old!)
6. The Weather: Columbus has had .65 inches of rain since August 1st. Even the weeds are dead. I am kicking myself for all of the nights I told myself to water the flowers and didn’t. My gardens are suffering and it makes me sad. The grass is crunchy but I refuse to use water to keep grass alive, it will come back in the fall. Besides, every ones looks as brown as ours, it’s not really a status symbol around here.