There are a lot of things I do these days that made me shutter when other women in my life would do them. Even now that I have a kid of my own I acknowledged that they are gross, but I have found myself right there with them and not caring one bit.
- I share my fruit with an 8 month old. He holds my apple, banana, nectarine (his FAV!) and sucks on it, then I eat it. I bite little pieces off for him and feed him like he is my little bird. His spit is my condiment. See? Gross!
- I wipe his spit up and drool off his face and onto my own clothes when I don’t have a burp rag handy. See? Gross!
- I check to see if he’s got ” a bat in the cave” before we get out of the car, when he does, I pick his nose, and usually wipe it on myself. OMG that is Gross!
- I don’t get grossed out when he pees or poops in the tub, I just fish it out and refill the tub. Um, SUPER Gross.
- Bruno licks his face and hands, I do clean him after but still, Gross.
- He licked the carpet this morning while scooting around on his belly and made this face like OMG A FUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ- eh eh eh eh. I dug it out, and guess where I wiped it?
- I am letting him scoot around on the floor without a blanket. The floor is clean’ish- I say “ish because even with very regular vacuuming we still have a dog and cat, the house will never be without fur on the floor. Getting cat hair in your mouth is GROSS!
- My outfit is acceptable if I only have one wet spot of his drool on me. Trying to go out dry and clean is a waste of my time!
- I don’t care if someone notices I have a wet spot on my top- so what if my kid is sucking on my shoulder. YOU wanna hold him?
- I sing out loud now, and in front of people. I never did that before but it makes the kid happy so now I don’t care that it sounds like nails on a chalkboard. Not gross but surprising.
- The soundtrack constantly running in your head will make you hate yourself! Every toy that we have plays the same 5 songs. I know what order they play and find myself singing along. Mike and I will find ourselves simultaneously humming If your happy and you know it.
OHHH! Speaking of that stupid song, Nathan started clapping last night. I nearly cried it was so cute, and his face was shocked like- “DUDE! I have been practicing that in my head forever do you see me, IM CLAPPING!” And that right there, is why you wipe someone else’s boogers on your pants!